The Universal Fuelhawk Aircraft Fuel Gauge can be calibrated for use in most GA aircraft. It is available in 11", 16", and 26" lengths depending on the depth of the aircraft fuel tanks (see Technical Information section below).
Made of heavy duty clear plastic that has been specially formulated for use with fuels to resist yellowing, fading, and cracking.
Easy to Use: Simply insert the Fuelhawk until it touches the bottom of the tank. Then place your finger firmly over the top of the opening to lock fuel in the tube. Remove and instantly see a readout in U.S. gallons of usable fuel on a calibrated scale card. For use in both main and auxiliary tanks.
The Fuelhawk is ideal for when the pilot must take a less-than-full fuel load due to weight considerations or measuring how much is really in the tank.
Made In USA
- Requires Calibration to your specific aircraft. Instructions are included with each Universal Fuelhawk and can also be downloaded here.
- To select which length of Universal Fuelhawk is best for your aircraft, use the following guide. For example, the Universal 11" Fuelhawk has a total length of 11" but the printed scale only extends 8" up the tube. This is ideal for fuel tanks that hold less than 8" of fuel when full.
- Universal 11" Fuelhawk = 8" Scale
- Universal 16" Fuelhawk = 12.25" Scale
- Universal 26" Fuelhawk = 22" Scale
Each Universal Fuelhawk is to be used only with the specific aircraft (tail number) that it was calibrated to. Aircraft must be parked on a level surface. The user is solely responsible for determining fuel on board and that Fuelhawk readings are accurate. Consult your AFM/POH for official Fuel System Information - Fuelhawk is a secondary means of estimating fuel quantity.