Having traveled thousands of miles all over Mexico searching for the most beautiful crafts, we can say with confidence that our Ceramic Day Of The Dead Sugar Skulls are among the finest in the world.
Details• 100% Handmade by skilled artisans in Guerrero & Guanajuato, Mexico. Yes, each one of these is handmade and then hand painted!
• The bare clay skulls are decorated with vivid paint colors with a matte finish for a traditional non-glossy appearance.
• The skull is hollow and there is a hole at the bottom and for both eyes.
• Signed on the inside "Mexico" & "Luso"
• Dimensions: 4" W x 4" H x 4.5" D
• Choose from 3 Colors: Black, Red, & White
EACH ONE OF THESE IS A HANDMADE PIECE OF ART. SMALL VARIATIONS MAY EXIST FROM ITEM TO ITEM. THE EXAMPLE PICTURED IS NOT THE EXACT ONE YOU WILL RECEIVE.
A Special Note:
Although many hands go into making each Sugar Skull, Arturo (pictured above) is the primary painter and original designer of the beautiful "Birds & Flowers" pattern featured on each piece. Arturo shares a small one bedroom unit that does not have a bathroom or kitchen with his brother and fellow artist, Cesar. Together, they painstakingly create these works of art by hand at a small wooden table near their front door. Then they walk around town, trying to sell their work to visiting tourists. It's a hard life relying on the uncertainty of street sales but at Luso Trading Co. we're trying to change that.