Details• 100% Handmade by skilled artisans in Guerrero & Guanajuato, Mexico. Yes, each one of these is handmade and then hand painted!
• The bare clay skulls are decorated with vivid paint colors with a matte finish for a traditional non-glossy appearance.
• The skull is hollow and there is a hole at the bottom and for both eyes.
• Signed on the inside "Mexico" & "Luso"
• Dimensions: 4" W x 4" H x 4.5" D
• Choose from 3 Colors: Black, Red, & White
EACH ONE OF THESE IS A HANDMADE PIECE OF ART. SMALL VARIATIONS MAY EXIST FROM ITEM TO ITEM. THE EXAMPLE PICTURED IS NOT THE EXACT ONE YOU WILL RECEIVE.
A Special Note:
Although many hands go into making each Sugar Skull, Arturo (pictured above) is the primary painter and original designer of the beautiful "Birds & Flowers" pattern featured on each piece. Arturo shares a small one bedroom unit that does not have a bathroom or kitchen with his brother and fellow artist, Cesar. Together, they painstakingly create these works of art by hand at a small wooden table near their front door. Then they walk around town, trying to sell their work to visiting tourists. It's a hard life relying on the uncertainty of street sales but at Luso Trading Co. we're trying to change that.